March is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Organised by Prostate Cancer UK, this special month aims to raise awareness of prostate cancer, as well as raise money so the charity can provide even better support to both sufferers and their families.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men and it is thought that here in the UK around 36,000 are diagnosed with this terrible disease each year.
Prostate Health Fact File
• The prostate is a walnut-sized gland located below the bladder. It surrounds the urethra which drains the bladder. As men get older the prostate gland starts to enlarge, slowly squashing the urethra and reducing the amount of space available for urine to pass through.
• Symptoms can include a need to urinate frequently, especially at night, weak or interrupted urinary flow and a feeling of not being able to empty the bladder properly.
• There are a number of nutrients that can help with enlargement symptoms.
• The mineral zinc is particularly important. It is more abundant in the prostate than anywhere else in the body and deficiency is common in those with prostate problems.
• Dietary sources of zinc include black pepper, oysters, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and flax seeds. They make a delicious snack on their own or they can be sprinkled over cereals, soups or salads or blended into yoghurts.
•Men taking prescribed medicines for prostate enlargement or other hormonal imbalances should consult their GP before embarking on any course of additional or alternative treatment.
• Always consult your GP or healthcare provider to first obtain an accurate diagnosis or if concerned by your symptoms.
Information provided by Stirling Health. For further information on prostate health, visit them online at www.stirling-health.net
ProstImmune from Stirling Health is a high strength prostate support supplement designed by leading prostate consultant Dr Alan Morrison MD, PhD, to help provide relief from prostate enlargement symptoms, whilst simultaneously strengthen immune health.
An odd combination? Research shows that over 90% of men older than 50 have an enlarged prostate; 98% of men with prostate problems have a compromised immune system and 96% of men over 60 with prostate problems have at least one other major health issue.
Continued use with ProstImmune has been found to help decrease urinary incontinence and the need to rush to the toilet, support strong urine flow, promote undisturbed sleep, enhance libido and performance, and maintain a healthy and strong immune system.
ProstImmune costs from £21.95 for 60 tablets and is available from www.stirling-health.net
WIN! WIN! WIN!
WE have 2 packs of ProstImmune to give away. To win 1 simply send your name and contact details by email along with subject header ‘ProstImmune Health’ to: [email protected]. Closing date 14 March 2019..